[rescue] Minimum neccessary to saturate (was: Ultra Enterprise 150, A5000)

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Apr 16 14:03:59 CDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 01:52:15PM -0400, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> Kevin Loch writes ...
>
> > Maybe I should set up a 3/50 at the colo just to get it slashdotted.
> > I'll strip down apache to the smallest possible memory footprint.
> > Maybe even throw in a counter cgi to make it "do" something other than
> > serve it's own picture.
>
> Speaking of serving pictures ... what's the best way to do so on an SGI
> Challenge L, if there's a way at all.  I'm thinking of neccessary hardware
> as well as software; I have a camera with a USB connection, but that won't
> do unless some Skunkworks at SGI has made a VME USB board.

Interesting question.  I think that the sirius may be usable in
video<->memory mode (as opposed to graphics<->video mode).

On the other hand, it would be quite amusing to stick a VME SBC with USB
in there and write a driver to talk back and forth.  I wonder how hard
it is to write a VME driver for Irix.