[rescue] needed: el cheapo 10bt switch (not hub), 1U size

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Apr 16 10:19:59 CDT 2004

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 <patrick at zill.net> wrote:
> I am looking for the least expensive 1U sized, 10baseT switch. Anyone got
> something like that? I have nothing againt 100BT but figure the price will
> be higher.

I paid #15 for a new 100BaseTX switch with five ports. It's about 1" high,
8" wide and 4" deep (there's also a wallwart.) At that sort of price, I see
no good reason to bother with 10BaseT stuff these days unless you got it for
nowt.

The only reason I've got a cruddy 10BaseT hub still kicking around is that I
hate to throw *anything* away, and it's a handy way of throttling a segment
of the network so the lusers don't cane it too hard.

--
When I was in the USAF, there was a modem I did battle with, which used (brace
yourselves) mechanical resonators and a glowbottle circuit as an oscillator.