[rescue] How much is this really worth?

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Apr 16 09:56:47 CDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 10:07:54AM -0400, Caleb Shay wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 10:03, Dave McGuire wrote:
>
> >    Umm, no, R10K-195 processor *boards* (especially quads) for
> > Challenge/Onyx machines are worth Real Money.
>
> Right, which I was lumping under "rest of the machine" :)

It's not like you can usefully swap chips on that board though.  You
can't take off the R10ks and put on R4.4ks or R8ks.  It is also unlikely
that you can just remove three processors and have a working board left,
and additionally, no one (well virtually no one) is going to buy R10ks
seperate from a CPU module or CPU board.