[rescue] first real server hardware

Francois Dion fdion at atriumwindows.com
Fri Apr 16 09:33:03 CDT 2004

Caleb Shay wrote:

>Warnings:
>
>I am willing to ship this thing, but be aware of how heavy Octanes are.
>MUCH heavier than they look.  You can also pick it up in either central
>NJ or the Poconos.

Depending on config and drives, we are probably talking over 75lbs. The
chassis is high quality stainless, power supply is heavy (one version is
rated in the 600s and the other in the 700s of watts)

>Octanes are loud.  If you find machine room noise comforting like I do
>this won't be an issue.

Waddayamean? I cant hear my Octane. Oh wait, I have a Challenge L under
my desk :)

>Octanes are hot.  Mine heated the upstairs of my apartment this past
>winter.

It'll probably heat up a room like an electric heater set on low.

Francois