[rescue] How much is this really worth?

Caleb Shay caleb at webninja.com
Fri Apr 16 09:00:16 CDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 09:46, Steve Hatle wrote:
> There's an Onyx just up the road. Don't know much about them, but I'm
> thinking a grand is too much, but what do I know.
>
> What's does the collective think?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3090172875

Well, I'd go for it if I had the money and was closer, but I'm a sucker
for anything from SGI, especially if it has multiple procs.  On the
other hand, I'm moving right now, so adding something the size of a
refrigerator to my packing list would suck.

>From a more objective standpoint.  The RAM alone is worth around $500,
the processors might as well be free (R10K-195 processors go for less
than $20 these days).  What's the rest of the machine worth to you?

Cheers,

Caleb