[rescue] first real server hardware

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Fri Apr 16 08:28:57 CDT 2004

On 4/15/04 11:27 PM, "Mike Hebel" wrote:

> On Thursday, April 15, 2004, at 11:15 PM, Dan Duncan wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Mike Hebel wrote:
>>> What a waste - I see at least two P-Pros in there.  Those are useful
>>> for x86 chips dammit.
>>
>> They're cheap, too, but try finding a motherboard that will support
>> more than 2 of them for a decent price.  I still use a dual PPro200
>> system as one of my main servers.  If it were 4- or 8-way, I wouldn't
>> be getting rid of it.  (does anyone want an IBM Intellistation Z
>> cheap?)
>
> *nod*
>
> I still have an ALR 4x4 with spare boards sitting in the garage at the
> moment.
>
> No chips, no regulators, no RAID sleds.  One of these days I'll maybe
> get around to getting it up and running.
>
> Mike

I've got a Unisys 4-way Ppro 200 box in my basement near Minneapolis that
could go to a new home. It even has the fancy touch-screen front panel, RAID
card and everything.

It could use some Socket7 CPU fans with three wires to keep the fan speed
sensors happy- otherwise you have to turn off the alarm every time the box
restarts <grin> I'm using regular cooling fans for right now.

Steve