[rescue] Ultra Enterprise 150, A5000

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Apr 16 07:29:54 CDT 2004

On Apr 15, 2004, at 5:56 PM, Michael Thompson wrote:
> I just picked up three Ultra Enterprise 150 systems without disks. They
> don't look very exciting but the price was right. I also picked up an
> Enterprise Network Array aka A5000 without disks. that looks a little
> more
> interesting. I got the Sbus FibreChannel board for the A5000 too.

   Ha, cool!  I just sold an A5000 (replaced it with a bunch of
Eurologic [NetApp] FC shelves), and I have a colocated E150 in my
computer room. :)  Those E150s are really nice because of all those
drive bays.  An Ultra1 is plenty fast enough for most off-net server
tasks (WWW, DNS, etc), so they can be really useful machines.

            -Dave