[rescue] Not exactly sun, but....

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Thu Apr 15 19:52:04 CDT 2004

On Thursday, April 15, 2004, at 07:59 PM, Eric Webb wrote:

> On Thursday 15 April 2004 07:52 pm, Michael Free wrote:
>> awwww darnit.
>>
>> Here's a set of working picture links.
>>
>>  http://www.posterboard.tv/061403/board1.JPG
>>  http://www.posterboard.tv/061403/board2.JPG
>
> Well, they're obviously x86 SBC's.  I'd guess the top one is a 486 and
> the
> bottom one socket7.  You said you have tons of these??

I don't think the bottom one is socket 7 because the empty socket has
WTL 4387 (4187?) which IIRC was for a Wietek(sp?) co-processor.

I think that's either a 486sx or a 386SX socketed board.  The 486sx is
more likely due to the size but I'm missing something for scale here.

Either way these are probably pretty cool x86 SBCs if you can rig ISA
power to them along an ISA backplane.

How many did you say you had?

<Slashdot>
Just imagine a Beowulf cluster of those...
</Slashdot>

;-)

Good for single-task systems if you can rig power to them.

Mike