[rescue] first real server hardware

William G. Gruesbeck bgruesbeck at daysys.com
Thu Apr 15 13:50:42 CDT 2004

Hi everyone. I've lurked around quite a bit on the list and only popped
up from time to time. Well today I finally bought my first real server.
I just bought a Sun E250 from Anysystem off of ebay. But I have a couple
of quick questions. A keyboard and mouse is $20 bucks extra. Is this
something that I should go ahead and get even though it doesn't have a
framebuffer in it? Just in case. Should I even consider getting a
framebuffer for it?
While I'm comfortable using serial consoles and ssh sessions, my goals
are to use it mainly to learn Solaris well enough to put it on my
resume, maybe get a cert or two, and to play with a nice OS on real
hardware. So I'm wondering if there is anything else that I should know
about or look into getting for this machine?

Thanks,
William G. Gruesbeck Jr.