[rescue] new house

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sat Apr 10 11:20:30 CDT 2004

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 10:27:35AM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:

> In the UK, authorities sometimes look out for odd things to find people
> growing drugs in their house. One method is to look for unusually high
> electricity bills. Another one is to fly around with a helicopter and IR
> camera to look for particularly warm roofs.
>
> So, for anybody here with an attic full of computers, have you had a visit
> from the drug squad yet? ;)

There was an article in the Spokan news paper (or at least on the
paper's web site) about a family that was raided.  The police found
three PCs and kids who weren't good at turning off the lights.

They got a warrent on the basis that the family (5 people, I think) had
a nearly $300 electric.  I only have a wife, and that's not that far off
from what some of my electric bills are.