[rescue] Fixing ringing

Torquil MacCorkle, III torquil at chemist.com
Fri Apr 9 08:13:09 CDT 2004

So two of the machines on my network seem to have acquired intolerable rings
(not sure if that is the right word, but that is the sound they make in a
high pitched tone)  What is the usual cause of this, and how does one
usually go about causing the benefactor of such unacceptable behavior
extreme pain and disembowelment?  The machines in questions are an AS200 and
an Ultra 1 170.  Replies are appreciated, I would really like to fix this as
it has rendered me completely unable to sleep for the past two nights.  And
I really like to sleep. :~(

--------
Thanks,
Torquil MacCorkle, III