[rescue] One other condition for win32 native ClientRunBeforeJob, I think

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Fri Apr 9 01:37:41 CDT 2004

Unless I'm badly mistaken, the success of a Win32 native ClientRunBeforeJob
is going to depend on the user the client was started by.  Specifically,
although the client itself will run perfectly well if installed and
started by a non-root user who has administrator-group privileges, if
your ClientRunBeforeJob script executes actions requiring administrator
privileges, then I have a hunch it's not going to work right unless the
client was started *by the Administrator user*.

This is only a hunch at this point, based on which of my several Win32
clients have ClientRunBeforeJob working and which ones don't, but I'm
going to check into it more tomorrow and see if I can verify it.

(This message is also partly a reminder to myself to do so.)

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :