[rescue] So, I'm bringing up my E3000....

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Apr 8 20:39:58 CDT 2004

Thu, 08 Apr 2004 @ 16:26 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:

> OK, so I stand corrected.  I hadn't ever realized (or read anything that
> told me) Solaris did this too. :)
>
> So while we're on the subject, how well does Solaris handle a failure of
> one of several striped swap partitions?

It occurs to me that the OS should be able to kill processes that have
pages out on a failing swap area, rather than just die.

Maybe put them to sleep and notify the operator to put more swap online,
but surely there is an option besides just doing nothing?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [javalin: an unwieldy programming weapon used
to stab a software project through the heart until dead]