[rescue] Re: NetApps

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Apr 8 20:46:59 CDT 2004

On Apr 8, 2004, at 1:30 PM, Kevin wrote:

> We do SCAN all incoming emails, once with clamav at my email
> gateway and then again with Norton A/V for Exchange.  Neither of
> which can scan password protected ZIP files.  There are virii
> that send themselves out inside of password protected ZIP files.
> The password is written inside the message body of the email and
> it instructs the user how to unzip it.  Now it is unbelievable
> that some moron user would actually DO what the email tells him
> to, but that is NOT my fault, and blocking ZIP files is the best
> way we know of to get around this if we are relegated to using MS
> OSes in the first place.

What's so infuriating about those viruses also is the fact that they
say stupid sh*t like meow meow in the subject... and "I don't like
plain text" in the body before they say something about password and
the name of the attachment is a dead giveaway. "Norton Antivirus
Delete"?... Why would someone want to delete their antivirus
program?... So you have to be stupider than stupid to run the
attachment.

Andrew