[rescue] RE: E5000 Pricing?

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Thu Apr 8 17:40:23 CDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, John Michael Bischoff wrote:
> There's a third, even worse variant: the person who deliberately looks
> while you're typing your password to see if you're paying attention.
> A/K/A My Boss :(

My boss followed me into the (badge-reader secured) datacenter
recently and chided me for letting someone follow me in.  I
pointed out that I didn't let "someone" follow me in.  I deliberately
let someone on the approved access list follow me in and that we don't
have a policy requiring everyone passing through a secure door to
badge in/out.  (I have worked in facilities where this was the case)

I didn't bring up the numerous times I've followed him in there
or that I'm the only one who consistenly makes vendors sign in.

Ah well, he's gone now.  I outlasted him here.  He wasn't too bad,
really.  At least his hair wasn't pointy.

-DanD

# `O Oysters,' said the Carpenter, `You've had a pleasant run! Shall we be
#  trotting home again?' But answer came there none-- And this was scarcely
#  odd, because they'd eaten every one.'