[rescue] RE: E5000 Pricing?

Mike F lists at ibrew.net
Thu Apr 8 15:07:55 CDT 2004

Dan Duncan wrote:
[snip]
>>   "Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity"
>>-- or sloth.
>

> Granted, they probably aren't watching you type in your password
> (and probably couldn't catch it anyway if you type it in quickly
> and use a good password) but does it bother anyone else?  Those
> I consider Clued automatically avert their gaze to show me they
> aren't looking at my password, even though we never speak of it
> and have never spoken of it.  It's just sort of a reflex.
>
> -DanD

Definitely a reflex. I even look away (without realizing it)
when we both know I know the password. This reminds me of a much
more infuriating situation recently: I was at the store paying
for a purchase with my debit card. There was an older gentleman
behind me in line - one of those people who has no concept of
personal space - he was practically breathing down my neck >:-[
When I go to punch in my PIN, he doesn't budge. He's even
staring at the keypad, with glazed eyes. I say "excuse me?" and
"do you mind?" and he still stands there. So I turn my back to
him and nudge him out of the way and finally punch in the PIN.
The cashier didn't even notice what was going on, either...