[rescue] RE: E5000 Pricing?

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Thu Apr 8 14:43:26 CDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, William Enestvedt wrote:
>    "Smart" people aren't asked to look away when someone in Purchasing
> whips out the Holy Corporate Credit Card (a la the Holy Hand grenade of
> Antioch) to make a telephone order. "I'm averting my gaze, O Purchasing
> Agent" indeed.

I hope you're kidding...  Averting your gaze would work for an
online order, but a TELEPHONE order?

This reminds me of a peeve of mine.  There seem to be two types of
people in computer work.  Those who courteously look away when you
key in a password and those who sit there like deer in headlights.

As you said later:

>    "Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity"
> -- or sloth.

Granted, they probably aren't watching you type in your password
(and probably couldn't catch it anyway if you type it in quickly
and use a good password) but does it bother anyone else?  Those
I consider Clued automatically avert their gaze to show me they
aren't looking at my password, even though we never speak of it
and have never spoken of it.  It's just sort of a reflex.

-DanD