[rescue] Re: NetApps

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Thu Apr 8 11:37:36 CDT 2004

 Mike Parson says ...

> What bugs me is that people are STILL jumping through all the hoops to
> propagate these things.  I could almost accept the "open the message and
> it's too late" type infections, but when you have to open the message,
> click on the zip file, type in a password, THEN you're infected... never
> underestimate the power of human stupidity.

In the words of Bob Dobbs ... "You know how dumb the average guy is?  Well,
half of 'em are dumber than that!"

Easy-to-use computers and software have allowed all sorts of folks to use
them.  Folks who wouldn't have been able to use a computer some years ago,
and wouldn't have if they could have, because the mass market hadn't arrived
and they'd have had no one to talk to.  They aren't geeks, and don't have
geeky friends.  If you had e-mail in 1981, the folks on the other end of the
wire were pretty geeky, 'cause only a hard-core geek could make the stuff
work.

Now, it's all simple enough that everyone has a computer and "does" e-mail,
and half of 'em are, well, you know.

-Shel