[rescue] Current collections...

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Thu Apr 8 11:04:29 CDT 2004

> > I have had 100% success with 3com switches/hubs.

Seen problems with 3com routers (blech!), switches (would just stop
transmitting on some ports, power cycle helps) and hubs (one 10/100
officeconnect doesn't talk to Sun SS5 onboard le0).

> Ditto, and NICs, too.

Generally good but in the times of first 3c905* cards there were _many_
problems - with both host<->nic failures and negotiation failures where
other cards worked and autonegotiated fine. Later 3c905's were OK.

To be honest, I have had more realtek 8139 cards than 3com and have had
exactly zero problems with them. One person I know actually had a
problem with 2 chronos-badged rtl8139's not autonegotiating with
crossover clable (switchng one to another cheap rtl8139 cured it).

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)