[rescue] Re: NetApps

Nadine Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Thu Apr 8 05:57:53 CDT 2004

Brian Dunbar wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2004, at 10:57 PM, Nadine Miller wrote:
>
>> (yeah, tough day at work)
>

> Hey, you're among compadres.  We understand.

Here's my favorite so far from the Exchange monke...I mean
admins:  zip attachments will now be stripped off all incoming
mail b/c of the "virus risk" (coming from inside or outside).  If
you need to get a zip file to someone internally rename it to
something other than .zip.

Really.

How do these people keep their jobs?

But my own personal hell has to do with the government agency we
support and their lack of a technical lead for a few months.  A
lot of crap got shoved through during that time, and
unfortunately, my predecessors didn't have the will to fight it
any longer.

On a side note, anyone know how difficult is it to relocated a
user from one Exchange server to another?  More/less difficult
than moving a UNIX mail spool/alias?

=Nadine=