[rescue] Current collections...

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Apr 7 20:37:20 CDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:44:02PM -0500, Eric Dittman wrote:

> > >   You can still buy Alphas, man.  They're not dead yet.
> >
> > Very true, but I don't think the 21364 ever actually made it to
> > production.  I no longer remember the details of the scuttlebutt about
> > what the memory architecture was going to be, but by all accounts it was
> > going to have cache and memory bandwidth out the wazoo.
>
> The 21364 is out and available.  The EV7 is the 21364 and is available in
> the GS1280, ES47, and ES80.  The EV7 uses RDRAM.

There, told you I wasn't up to date on Alphas.  :)

So if as and when I'm able to go shopping for an Alpha box, I should be
looking for EV7s, huh?  Where would I go to find specs on the machines?

(Not that "when" is going to be any time soon....)

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :