[rescue] Current collections...

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Wed Apr 7 14:24:16 CDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 12:01:06PM -0700, ed at the7thbeer.com wrote:

> She's just bad news all the way around.  In talking with our ASE from HP
> in recent months, NO ONE seems to be very happy with her, except the
> E-staff/suitmonger types.

To me it is pretty clear (after re-reading the 2003 Forbes article on her) what is going to happen.

Small # of engineers to design/qa/prototype new products

Large # of body shop consultants, who may or may not know what they
are doing

Large # of outsourced non-employees

Outsource, drive down costs where ever possible.

They will manage themselves into the ground, but for about 5 years
they will look good on paper.

The smaller number of engineers is why it is not logical for her to
care about what they think - they will be let go soon anyways ...

You have to understand the "suit mind" such as it is ... engineers are
expensive and a pain to deal with, sort of like having an inground
swimming pool in your $2 million suit-ghetto McMansion.  So you
minimize the pain to yourself by outsourcing (hiring Juan Valdez or
whatever as your pool boy) and get on with your life.

--P