[rescue] Current collections...

Walter Belgers walter+rescue at belgers.com
Wed Apr 7 10:09:45 CDT 2004

Torquil MacCorkle, III wrote:
> Was just reading your website and saw:
>         "I have so much weird hardware that I can now read all sorts of
> media: 3.5" floppies (DD,HD,ED, Apple Mac), 5.25" floppies (DD,HD,QD), 8"
> floppies , QIC tapes (up to 1GB uncompressed), DDS-2 tapes, DAT tapes,
> CompacTape II (TK70), CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, SyQuest removable harddisks (88MB),
> 5.25" MO disks (650MB), 9 track tapes (800, 1600, 3200, 6250tpi), DLT III XT
> tapes (15GB uncompressed) and various home computer tape formats (compact
> cassette/micro)."
>
> And was thinking, wouldn't it be fun to try to construct some kind of system
> to read *ALL* or most of those formats? ;)

I just got a step further, I rescued a Facit 4040 paper tape
reader/writer (serial connector)!

Pretty rare I guess. Just like my 9-track drive with SCSI connector that
does 800/1600/3200 and 6250 tpi. I should start a business in data
conversion :)

Walter.
--
Walter Belgers         "Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus
walter at belgers.com       Latinis alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!"