[rescue] Revive an APC Matrix 5000?

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Apr 7 00:40:40 CDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 10:44:15PM -0500, Steve Hatle wrote:
> All,
>
> Work has a non-functional APC Matrix 5000 that I can "dispose" of as I will.
> It's the head unit plus 1 additional external battery pack.
>
> It was in use, but then sat unused and unplugged for about a year. Now, when
> you try and fire it up, it can't charge the batteries. It will work in
> bypass mode, but that just makes it a big, heavy power strip. <grin>
>
> Being the electrical idiot that I am, I'm wondering if giving the batteries
> a trickle charge might revive them enough so that they can be recognized and
> then cycled by the electronics on the Matrix. Or, is it just better to
> source the replacement batteries if I want to get it functional? Anyone have
> a preferred vendor and a ballpark cost on that?

A Matrix 5000?  You should pack it up and ship it to me.  :)

Or, if you want to actually get it working, try going to
www.lonestarcomputer.com.  They have batteries for just about anything,
and can even factory-recondition your UPS.

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :