[rescue] Oh no! This poor Origin server.....

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Apr 6 21:27:11 CDT 2004

Mon, 05 Apr 2004 @ 21:27 -0400, Dave McGuire said:

> On Apr 5, 2004, at 8:37 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> >>  Hmm, I honestly have no idea.  I've never played with anything like
> >>this in that sort of environment.  I don't really know how large the
> >>field of sensitivity is.
> >
> >OK.
> >
> >It would have to be narrow to work around a wreck.
> >
> >Now tie this back with the part of the thread talking about reading
> >magnetic domains on a hard drive, most of which are now smaller than
> >the
> >wavelength of visible light...
>
>   Ehhhh...we weren't talking about using proton-precession gradiometers
> to read bits from hard drive platters...

Ehhhh... I wasn't sure I said we were.

I was just finding it interesting to contrast worrying about the effect
of a nearby wreck and reading a magnetic domain smaller than the
wavelength of visible light.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I want this Perl software checked for
viruses.  Use Norton Antivirus." -- Charlie Kirkpatrick]