[rescue] Current collections...

Skeezics Boondoggle skeezics at q7.com
Tue Apr 6 17:28:10 CDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Dan Duncan wrote:

> > A massive pile of ~35GB of RAM (in 32MB sticks - I think Pete saw the
> > pictures :-) to fatten up all the SC2k's and Crays :-)
>
> Can you post the pictures?  I've never seen that many memory sticks
> before...

Here's two - I shrunk 'em down to 800x600 so they won't take three days to
load:
	http://www.boondoggle.com/bigbatch1.jpg
	http://www.boondoggle.com/bigbatch2.jpg

Looks like a drug bust, eh? :-)  Each "brick" is generally 10x 32MB SIMMs,
and the box of random stuff has about 7GB of loose stuff, so that's about
28GB there.  Plus there's what's already been installed...

I almost talked a cute waitress at my favorite breakfast spot into posing
nude in a bathtub covered in 32MB SIMMs... "no, really, it'll be artistic,
think 'Herb Ritts', not 'St. Pauli Girl beer poster'..."

Anyway...

-- Chris