[rescue] Current collections...

Mike Parson mparson at bl.org
Tue Apr 6 15:28:18 CDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 03:18:35PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 02:58:16PM -0500, Mike Parson wrote:
>> I picked this up off ebay for ~$20 bucks + shipping.  I read up on
>> it first, Sun said it was a stripped down SS4, so I knew I could run
>> NetBSD on it, figured I didn't have enough Sun gear, so I got it.
>> Compared to some of the others on this list, I clearly still don't
>> have enough Sun gear. =)
>
> If you're still in Austin, let me know - I can hook you up with a
> few SS10s and SS20s for the "price" of you hauling them to your car.
> Maybe even an Indigo2 or two, as well.

Bill, it's me, Mike Parson.  I'm new to the list, but you know me. =)

If my memory serves me correctly, I live not too far from you, near
Fry's.

Not that I'm volunteering to take all your old gear off you, I think
my wife would shoot me. ;) I guess I should have qualified my earlier
statement with, "And I'm sure my wife would disagree."

I should show her some of the gear lists posted here, she might be a bit
more understandable then.

I'm actually considering getting rid of some of my older gear, make some
space in my 'puter room.  Once upon a time, I really wanted an SS20 and
the Ross Hyperstation filled that nitch for a while, but now that I've
got the Tatung/AXi system, I think the SS20 would be a step backwards
(some might argue with this point).

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org