[rescue] Current collections...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Apr 6 12:18:46 CDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Robert Rose wrote:

> Here's my list.

Okay, I'll bite.

"Production" systems:
  2 Sun Netra T1-105s (Soon to be mail and PostgreSQL boxes)
  1 Sun Netra X1 (Soon to be the web box)
  1 Sun Ultra 1e (NIS/Jumpstart)
  1 Sun Ultra 10 (OpenBSD development & NFS server)
  1 SGI Octane R10k at 195MHz (IRIX development & NFS server)
  1 SGI Indigo2 R10000 SI (mail, web, pg)
  1 Apple PowerBook G4 @ 667MHz (desktoppy things)
  1 IBM RS/6000 43P-150 (Bigger desktoppy things)
  2 IBM RS/6000 43P-140 (CVS and DNS)
  1 SGI Challenge S R4000 (Software performance testbed[0])
  1 Sun SPARCclassic (border-router)

"Toy" systems:
  1 DEC VAXstation 4000/60 (learning VMS)
  2 DEC AlphaServer 2100A dual-processor 5/250s. (VMS clusterFun)
  1 Apple Power Macintosh 7300/180 (Living room MP3/CD player)
  1 Apple Macintosh IIfx (Just WAITING for me to get my hands on a MacIvory)
  1 IBM RS/6000 250 (old CVS server)
  1 IBM RS/6000 370 (Will be my console server once I get some RANs)
  3 Sun Ultra 1e (spares)
  1 SGI Indy R4600 (My old alarm clock)
  1 Generic PC with an Athlon 1800XP (Games and TV and the occasional
                                      for-pay Win32 development gig)
  1 Generic PC with a K7/600 (Linux self-abuse)
  1 Packard Bell Legend 610[1]

Printers:
  1 HP LaserJet 5M (PostScript hacking!)
  1 Epson LQ-570 (needs work)
  1 DEC LXY01 lineprinter (Can't WAIT to get that one online)

Nonfunctional systems:
  1 IBM RS/6000 F30 (Never got to power it up, :(  )
  1 12-processor SGI POWER Challenge/10000 GR (ditto :(  )
  1 Apple Macintosh IIci (Puzzing power-circuitry problem)

Other:
  Numerous PDP 11/03s.
  2 PDP 11/44s.
  1 PDP 11/84.  (mmmmm, yummy, with several racks of attached SDI and tape)

I don't technically own the PDPs, but I house them and occasionally play
with them, so I'm counting them. :)

[0] Hey, if it's snappy on an R4600PC running IRIX 6.5, it'll be snappy
    on anything.
[1] Do not scoff at the Packard Bell.  I learned C and Pascal on that
    box, and it's the older machine in the house (aside from the PDPs)
    and it STILL WORKS.  Nothing like firing it up on dreary day and
    playing Ultima 7 or Ultima 4 or any one of the other games I played
    when I was in high school.
--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."