[rescue] Current collections...

Mike Parson mparson at bl.org
Mon Apr 5 17:00:10 CDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 05:39:51PM -0400, Torquil MacCorkle, III wrote:
> > NS3.3 runs on those?  I thought it only ran on SS4s and 5s.  Will it use
> > the SX graphics, or only a CG6?
>
> Speaking of SS4s, anyone know the difference between an Xterminal 1 and an
> SS4?  Is there really one besides the name?

The Xterminal 1 doesn't have sound or SCSI.

According to the docs on Sun's site, you could have ordered additional
parts and turned an Xterminal 1 into an SS4.

My Xterminal 1 netboots NetBSD (don't have the official Sun load for
it).

It works, but attempting to run Netscape off my Linux box and displaying
on the Xterminal 1 makes Xsun dump core.  But mozilla and konqueror work
fine.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org