[rescue] Current collections...

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Apr 5 16:52:20 CDT 2004

On Apr 5, 2004, at 5:45 PM, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
>> Altos 8000...MP/M box with 8" floppies. :)  has a bad drive I need to
>> 	get around to replacing sometime
>
> Those were our main development machines at Peachtree Software before
> 1981,
> when the PCs really started taking over.  I ended up with one, which I
> kept
> until 1997, although the poxy Hazeltine terminals I had all died.  One
> of
> the terminals went out with a bang and a cloud of stink when I
> switched it
> on for a demonstration, circa 1992....

   Hazeltines were notorious for power supply failures.  The ones I had
used under-specd electrolytic capacitors in the power supplies.

   Speaking of which...I'm looking for any and all Hazeltine terminals,
specifically a 1420 or 1500, and an Esprit.  I'm also looking to pick
up an Altos MP/M system along the lines of a 5-15AD or similar.
Anybody gots? 8-)

         -Dave