[rescue] New acquisition... (AIX)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Apr 4 18:12:51 CDT 2004

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I thought (on Sun hardware anyway) you could set the probe order anyway you
> like through the OpenBoot/eeprom settings(sbus-probe?), so you could work
> around any software funkiness (just like the SCSI drive mapping)...

Yes, you can.  But that's entirely separate from how the kernel probes
the device tree.  The device tree will still have the same contents, but
the only thing it affects is, for example, which video card gets first
pick at being the console, or which network card gets the 'net' alias
for network booting.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."