[rescue] New acquisition... (AIX)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Apr 4 07:40:54 CDT 2004

On Apr 2, 2004, at 11:46 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> When you dress it in color, primp it up, and toss a silly hat on it,
> you
> have distractions.  What's the last piece of business correspondence
> you
> got from a company where the whole point of it was to say something
> very
> quietly[0] while being wholly distracting about something else?

   Yup.  Plausible deniability.  When you're sitting there wondering
about how company XYZ screwed you, they can say "well, we told you
about it, right here in this fine print!"  ...but if you missed it due
to all the whiz-bang distractions, that's your problem.

> I think plain text output is just too honest for business in the 21st
> century.

   Absolutely.  Dude, there are crime gangs, five dollar whores, and
middle-eastern dictators who are too honest for business in the 21st
century.

         -Dave