[rescue] New acquisition... (AIX)

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Apr 2 21:50:13 CST 2004

Fri, 02 Apr 2004 @ 21:17 -0500, Steve Sandau said:

> Having been a typographer in the "old days" (Varityper photomechanical
> machines to begin with) I'd have to agree. Actually, pretty much nothing
> I have seen that runs on a PeeCee knows much about typography...

TeX and even troff seem to do pretty good.

Of course, you probably didn't mean a formatter.

You know the funny thing is, I found business correspondence looked
better and was generally more useful back in the days of daisy-wheel
printers.

Even monospace typewritter output was better than most of the
"chartjunk" type stuff that we see today.

Sigh...

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [javalin: an unwieldy programming weapon used
to stab a software project through the heart until dead]