[rescue] Oh no! This poor Origin server.....

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Apr 2 18:43:40 CST 2004

Thu, 01 Apr 2004 @ 11:43 -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke said:

> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Dave McGuire wrote:
>
> >    DUDE.  It's April 1st.
>
> I don't play that game.
>
> > Nobody scraps Origins,
>
> Then why have I been fighting tooth-and-nail to keep the suits from
> scrapping our E3500, not because it has sensitive information, but
> because OMG!  It's more than two years old!  OMG!  400MHz!  How can you
> possibly get Real Work done with only 400MHz??

I got the same thing when a suit found out once time that our DEC
Alphaserver was only 233MHz.

He forced systems to replace it with a machine that has 1/3 its memory
bandwidth, and probably a tenth the bus and I/O bandwidth.

But wow... it sure was fast once you finally got something into
memory...

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The trade of governing has always been
monopolized by the most ignorant and the most rascally individuals of