[rescue] Oh no! This poor Origin server.....

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 12:10:12 CST 2004

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:51:53 -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
>    People don't buy support contracts for things like cars or drill

It's not called a support contract, but yes people do buy the equivalent
for cars ... all the car drivers in my family are members of a breakdown
recovery service. And in the case of hardware support, it's a pretty
similar thing.

>    Of course many (most?) people here will take a very dim view of my
> opinions on this matter,

No. It's certainly a valid opinion; just one I don't agree with, at
least for some of the systems I work with.

> but then, I did say the vendors have most of
> us very well-trained. ;)

You're probably right.