[rescue] Oh no! This poor Origin server.....

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Fri Apr 2 11:14:11 CST 2004

 Dave McGuire says ...

>    People learn how to operate and maintain their new drill press so
> they don't need to buy a support contract from the manufacturer...but
> they refuse to do the same with their computer hardware.
>
>    Of course many (most?) people here will take a very dim view of my
> opinions on this matter, but then, I did say the vendors have most of
> us very well-trained. ;)

Heh, the logic in that last statement reminds me of a short conversation I
had with one of my business associates long ago.  We were planning to flee
our employer and form our own company, but she changed her mind ...

She:	I've changed my mind.  I don't think we should go into business
together.
I:	Why not?
She:	We'd argue all the time.
I:	I can't very well say "No we wouldn't," can I?

-Shel