[rescue] New acquisition... (AIX)

Shawn Wallbridge shawn at synack-hosting.com
Fri Apr 2 00:13:21 CST 2004

Or you could show them the benchmarks. On the same hardware, FreeBSD
outperformed Windows by 40% and Linux by 15%, in our environment. My
Boss had never heard of FreeBSD (hell, he sometimes tells people we are
running OpenBSD (which we are, but not on the fileservers)), but I
recommended FreeBSD over Linux and Windows based on performance and he
said OK. I have spent a lot of time pointing out that using whatever is
best for the job, be it hardware or operating systems is the best
course of action period. For our PC file servers, that means FreeBSD.
Now, from the numbers I have seen, next time we are looking at building
another file server, I am going to get an Apple Xserve and XRaid in to
test, they appear to be all kinds of fast.

shawn