[rescue] Oh no! This poor Origin server.....

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Thu Apr 1 17:14:26 CST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:55:07 -0600, "Jonathan C. Patschke"
<jp at celestrion.net> said:
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
> > The idea is that by replacing 5 dual 400 MHz processor Ultra 2 systems
> > with one dual 1,000 MHz processor system can cut your Oracle software
> > license costs in half (ten CPU license to two CPU license)...
>
> Okay, that I understand PERFECTLY, having just done Oracle licensing a
> couple months ago.  Geez.  Those folks would force you to pay in blood
> if they could.

Silicon Valley conspiracy theorists would have you believe that they do.

<http://www.orafraud.org/>

(really, for amusement value only, though I will not argue with anyone
who says that Ellison is crazy, having had a friend of mine work for the
company building his estate)

=Nadine=
--
  N. Miller