[rescue] Oh no! This poor Origin server.....

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Apr 1 16:41:22 CST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    And I believe the idea here is that a SQUID could detect the tiny
> (literally, a few electrons) residual charge on the capacitor.

Hmm, so computers destined for sensitive environments should blast all
the DRAM in parallel with pseudorandom bit patterns as soon as the power
supplies detect loss of AC.  If each chip could get destructively
overwritten, you could probably pull off a complete wipe by the time Vcc
dropped too low to be useful.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."