[rescue] Good source for Rambus?

nimitz at ns1.nimitzbrood.com nimitz at ns1.nimitzbrood.com
Thu Apr 1 15:16:21 CST 2004

> I was surprised that if truely Rambus has been abandonned by everybody
> and perceived to be such a bad technology, prices should tank, since
> there are a lot of them out there already manufactured and not too many
> people to buy them, possibly. Well that was the theory. There has to be
> a lot more motherboards out there than I tought and more people upgrading.

That's not the way it works man.  What happens usually is this:

1) Technology costs $x.
2) Technology gets discontinued.
3) $suit(s) decide that they need to re-coup cost of technology.
4) $suits order prices held high to keep up profit on those
technologies.
5) Eventually $suits get replaced or people stop buying and the price
goes down.

Or at least that's what I see happening in the industry.

Mike Hebel