[rescue] Good source for Rambus?

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Thu Apr 1 12:08:20 CST 2004

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 11:51:49AM -0500, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> On Apr 1, 2004, at 11:31 AM, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> >On Thursday 01 April 2004 11:20, Francois Dion wrote:
> >>I need to add 2 RIMMS to one of my computers, but boy are these
> >>expensive new. I think they are the same price I paid 2 years ago???
> >>Why?
> >
> >Because everyone realized that it was a bad idea, jumped ship, and now
> >they're about as common as hen's teeth? :)
> >
> I heard it was a bad idea not because of the technology, but because
> the entire RAMBUS company is a bunch of $uiti$h $CO-like litigiou$
> ba$tard$.

That too.  The fuckers offered the technologies they were working on to
the JEDEC RAMBUS standards group, without bothering to mention the minor
technical detail that they'd already applied for patents on them, then
started sueing anyone who started up a RAMBUS fab line demanding license
fees.  "But these are open JEDEC standards!"  "Oh dear, did we forget to
mention that we'd patented those?  Oopsie.  Pay up or else."

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :