[rescue] Good source for Rambus?

Francois Dion fdion at atriumwindows.com
Thu Apr 1 10:57:46 CST 2004

Patrick Finnegan wrote:

>On Thursday 01 April 2004 11:20, Francois Dion wrote:
>

>>I need to add 2 RIMMS to one of my computers, but boy are these
>>expensive new. I think they are the same price I paid 2 years ago???
>>Why?
>>

>Because everyone realized that it was a bad idea, jumped ship, and now
>they're about as common as hen's teeth? :)
>
>Pat

Beside the politics, particularly in 2000 (I just realised that I've had
this machine for over 3 years, not 2), why do you say everyone realized
that it was a bad idea?
They are plenty common, all the local shops have them (and I'm not in a
big city), but they are too expensive. I can get some from ebay for a
good price, but that is just too scary.

I have 2x DDR 266, 256MB to trade for 2x ECC 800 256MB RIMMS if anybody
is interested.

Francois