[rescue] source for cheap U5 memory/disk bracket

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 1 10:14:13 CST 2004

> From: abuse at cabal.org.uk (Peter Corlett)
> Date: 2004/04/01 Thu PM 12:39:02 GMT
> To: rescue at sunhelp.org
> Subject: Re: [rescue] source for cheap U5 memory/disk bracket

Time to move? ;^)

Actually, U30 RAM isn't that expensive here in the US, and by extension shipped to the UK it shouldn't be *that* expensive.

For example, 32 Meg DIMMs are about $3-5/each, 64 Meg DIMMs are about $10-13/each (typically $50 for set of four), and denser memory gets pricey...

I recently bought an Ultra 2 (that I didn't need), to get 2x 400 MHz CPUs, 2 Gig of 16x 128 Meg DIMMs and two somewhat higher-density HDs (a 9 and an 18 gig HD) for a good price...

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment with a content-type header it could not parse.]