[rescue] HP 715, Nextstep, & CD-ROM drives.

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Thu Apr 1 09:51:33 CST 2004

 William Barnett-Lewis says ...

[snip]
> I am guessing from the messages on the 4 gb 15150 that it needs a low
> level format to fix some leftover OS X trouble. I have the HP booted in
> -s mode and am at the # prompt. Is there anyway to low level a disk from
> here in PARISC Nextstep?

I have no idea, but I can tell you that when I bought a load of SCSI disks
that had been formatted with a non-standard sector size, no tool I could
find for either IRIX or Solaris would reformat 'em and fix the sector size.
Even `sformat` wouldn't.

I finally fixed them by slapping 'em in a PC with an Adaptec SCSI controller
with built-in disk utilities.  It reformatted, re-sectored, inspected, etc.
No problem.

-Shel