[rescue] Weird Silicon Graphics o2 graphics issues

Benjamin Gardiner cvisors at carnagevisors.net
Tue Sep 30 20:31:22 CDT 2003

okay this is rather weird, and its a problem I have had with my o2 since
I have had it. Originally I thought it was due to the machine not having
enough memory (64 Meg.) Well last week I got a further 128 meg for this
machine and the problem was still there.

I have also reinstalled IRIX (as I had also installed an A/V board)
updated to 6.5.21m, and the issue is still there.

Okay the problem is kinda hard to describe, but occurs with image view
when resizing images and with adobe premier with video, and also with
the demo distort.

what seems to happen is the "whole" image isn't displayed but the first
section of the image, then it repeats, with the dog image its pretty
much half, but it can be a third.  With image view, to get it to display
this behavior I have to resize the image.

the best explanation would be this screen capture here:
<http://www.carnagevisors.net/images/image1.jpeg>

this effect is produced when say for example with movie maker, if you
wrap the video onto a sphere the same effect is produced in the saved video.

What I have tried to resolve this issue, well for one I removed the
original 64 Meg that was installed on the machine (4X32) but that made
no improvement.

fyi:

the machines hinv:
CPU: MIPS R5000 Processor Chip Revision: 2.1
FPU: MIPS R5000 Floating Point Coprocessor Revision: 1.0
1 180 MHZ IP32 Processor
Main memory size: 192 Mbytes
Instruction cache size: 32 Kbytes
Data cache size: 32 Kbytes
FLASH PROM version 4.18
Integral SCSI controller 0: Version ADAPTEC 7880
   Disk drive: unit 1 on SCSI controller 0
   CDROM: unit 4 on SCSI controller 0
Integral SCSI controller 1: Version ADAPTEC 7880
On-board serial ports: tty1
On-board serial ports: tty2
On-board EPP/ECP parallel port
CRM graphics installed
Integral Ethernet: ec0, version 1
Iris Audio Processor: version A3 revision 0
Video: MVP unit 0 version 1.4
AV: AV1 Card version 1, O2Cam type 1 version 0 connected.
Vice: TRE

and gfxinfo

Graphics board 0 is "CRM" graphics.
         Managed (":0.0") 1280x1024
         32 bitplanes
         board revision 2, CRM revision C, GBE revision B
          Monitor 0 type: Unknown
         Channel 0:
          Origin = (0,0)
          Video Output: 1280 pixels, 1024 lines, 75.03Hz (1280x1024_75)

If there is any other information that would be helpful just tell me.

Benjamin
--
one you lock the target
two you bait the line