[rescue] OT: FeeCee rescue

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Tue Sep 30 17:34:35 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 30, 2003, at 03:27  PM, Derek Andersen wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, why is a G3 (presumably running OS X)
> 'acceptable' while (say) an x86 laptop running Linux (or Solaris x86,
> or whatever) not? Is it just the CPU?
>
> (Certainly most of the *rest* of the parts are the same sorts of
> things you'd find in a commodity PC...I *like* Apple's stuff, but
> they're still (aesthetically pleasing) commodity hardware.)

FeeCees are not unacceptable... they are just not INTERESTING in the
slightest... except maybe:

1. Sunx86i
2. PS/2's with strange or unusual cards
3. Rare prototypes of things that would have taken x86 in a better
direction or lead to its death by something in the next genetic
evolutionary step
4. a short mention of an absolutely free rescue of a system that should
have cost money... but without swooning about how cool it is. (cuz it's
not)

So...inserting nifty weebl quote <weebl>I hold you indirectly
responsible....(bob: why?)...Because...err...ummm.... and that's why...
don't do it again *wanker*</weebl>

Seriously, it's not a crime to use x86's VERY occasionally... but when
you can get better and if you can get better you are obligated to
insert it as quickly as possible :-) <nod to Dave>

and I don't believe x86en are a REAL anything...server, workstation,
embedded device (ouch)....etc.

I call my x86 game box... Wintendo.

Andrew