[rescue] OT: FeeCee rescue

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Sep 30 16:30:18 CDT 2003

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Derek Andersen wrote:

> interest in that until recently (i.e., OS X). I'm slowly moving towards
> doing all of my 'real work' on non-x86 platforms, but I doubt that I'll
> ever be able to abandon the platform entirely.

You'd be surprised.  I've only fired up Wintendo at home for anything
other than Unreal Tournament since I broke the hinges on my Powerbook.
I spent all my day in either IRIX, Solaris, OpenBSD, or Mac OS X.  Oh,
and at work, I spend all day in AIX.

With teTeX, a compiler suite, a good text editor, Mozilla, and a good
email program, there's very little you can't do under Unix that you can
do under Windows.  And pretty much all that is covered by Mac OS X.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Gamer weenies...are the sludge at the bottom
Elgin, TX          (    of the user swamp."           --Gary Nichols