Unemployment on the Rescue List? (was RE: [rescue] FS: SGI

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Mon Sep 29 19:13:35 CDT 2003

>> And let's be honest: sometimes the apps are horrendously designed and
>> poorly QA'ed.  That is not the OS' fault.
>

>   ...but when an app can crash the OS, that certainly *is* the OS'
> fault.  Computer technology moved past that point thirty years ago.

Hmm. Seems to me that the horrendously-designed app and the inadequate
OS are often from teh *same* source, too.

That is true, though. Like with our old Novell server. We figured if a
client crashed it that it was the *server's* fault, because it should
never be possible for a client to affect the server that way.

Steve