[rescue] mouse options for ultra2?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Sep 29 16:23:25 CDT 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 vance at neurotica.com wrote:

> You can get an IBM Model M, with Windows keys, and either a trackball or
> IBM TrackPoint III (or neither).  It's PS/2, though.  But it does have the
> buckling spring mechanism.

Hmmmm.  If someone made a PS/2<->USB dongle that went in that direction,
that just might work on a Macintosh.  I've heard rumors that USB
keyboards with a vendor key map to Command on Mac and Meta on Sun.  That
would be -great!-.

But, in the meantime, I've scored a Model M at work.  Now IBM just needs
to hurry up and ship my new p615 workstation to me!

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Gamer weenies...are the sludge at the bottom
Elgin, TX          (    of the user swamp."           --Gary Nichols