[rescue] Dual head Octane SI + ESI

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Sep 29 11:35:11 CDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 12:10:17PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Monday, September 29, 2003, at 11:48 AM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> >to my knowledge no-one's proposed doing the
> >three-junctions-in-one-package trick commercially.
>
>   Kingbright makes them.  I have a few here.  No resistors,
> though...they use to blues to make up for the luminosity difference.
> These are neat...standard T1-3/4 size LEDs that have SIX LEADS coming
> out of the bottom. :)

Yipe! That's quite a package.  :)  I was figuring if anyone did it,
they'd be doing it for lighting purposes, and so would do it with a
pre-balanced chiplet (or "grain", perhaps) with three (or, as you note,
four) junctions and just a single pair of leads.  But doing it with six
leads does, I suppose, allow for switching or duty-cycling individual
junctions to generate *any* color of visually-perceived light output.
Pink, purple, teal, sky's the limit.